We take privacy seriously. This Statement explains our policies and practices.
We respect your privacy and we promise:
• to implement computer, physical and procedural safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of the data we collect
• to limit the personal data collected to the minimum required to provide a better service
• to permit only properly trained, authorized employees to access data
• not to disclose your data to external parties unless you have agreed, or we are required by law or we have previously informed you.
1. Information collection
In order to provide a better service to you, we may collect information when you use our services, attend our functions, or communicate with us. In the process, we may also be required to collect personal information about individual contact persons of the companies or their employees.
We will only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary. However a copy may be archived indefinitely.
2. Use of information
The purposes for which information may be used by us is limited to what is required for us to accomplish the terms and conditions of a project for which the services of the Corporation is hired.
• distribution of Heather Ostertag and Associates publications and research materials (and those of our business partners and counterparts)
• marketing Heather Ostertag and Associates services or products (and those of our business partners and counterparts)
• complying with laws in or outside Canada
• legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts
• other related purposes.
We may conduct direct marketing via fax, email, direct mail, telephone and other means of communication, or send e-newsletters to you. You may choose not to receive promotional materials, by simply telling us, and we will cease to do so, without charge.
We will keep the personal data we hold confidential but may provide information to:
• personnel, agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, financial institutions, and service providers in connection with our operations or services
• our Associates and business partners
• the public, including persons enquiring about Heather Ostertag and Associates
• persons under a duty of confidentiality to us
• persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws in or outside Canada
• actual or proposed transferees or participants of our services
We cannot control how third parties use information.
Personal data stored electronically are password-protected. Encryption technology is used on our secured web areas. Our computer systems are placed in restricted areas. We only permit authorized Associates to access personal data. These Associates are trained on our privacy policies.
We may update this Statement. When we do, the changes will be posted on heatherostertagandassociates.ca.